Tuesday, October 13, 2009

First Day of Pre-School






Alice was so excited to go to pre-school for the first time last month.  All I heard was, "I can't wait until school--it's so hard to wait."  Well, it didn't go quite as smoothly as we'd hoped.  She had a hard time saying goodbye, but with a little good old-fashioned bribery, I was able to get her detached from my leg and at least in the door (I offered her one piece of gum at first, but had to up the ante to a whole pack!).  The first few weeks, after bribing her to get her in the door, she just sat by her backpack most of the time, and would only join in the activities at the very end.  Now that she is a little more used to it and knows I won't take her home no matter how hard she begs, things are getting a lot better.

1 comment:

Katty said...

She looks so big with her backpack. It's crazy how time flies.