Sunday, August 22, 2010

Alice's First Day of Kindergarten


Alice has been really excited about starting kindergarten, but as usual, when the actual event arrives the nervousness kicks into high gear.  I decided not to even introduce the idea that I could drop her off at school, so she rode the bus from day one.  I also told her that we would get in trouble if we didn't send her to school every day, which helps, I think, because it's easier to buck up and do something when there's no other viable alternative.  Needless to say, after getting her situated on the bus and walking into the house the first day, I was the one who started crying, not Alice.  It's really hard to leave your four-year-old on a bus, all alone (Alice is the first stop) with two men who look like they just got back from a motorcycle rally. 

When she got home, she was very excited about the days events, but by that evening, she started getting nervous again and downright panicky by the next morning.  That seems to be the trend so far.  Happy when she gets home from school, then the nervousness slowly builds.   

No comments: