Thursday, September 16, 2010

Myra's First Day of School

Myra's first day of school was another reminder of how different my two girls are.  Though Myra will take Alice's lead and pretend to be shy and like/dislike almost everything Alice does, once you get her alone she is definitely her own person.  When I left the first day, I didn't see any other child not crying except for Myra, who was having fun playing with all the new toys and totally disregarding all the noise.  I kept on waiting for her to turn around and be upset that I was leaving, but a simple goodbye was all she needed.

When I was packing her lunch I asked Myra what kind of fruit/vegetable she wanted.  Did she want apple slices?  baby carrots?  strawberries?  grapes?  No, none of those things--Myra wanted raw onion slices.  This is from the girl who claims that thin mint cookies are too spicy for her.  Go figure. 

1 comment:

Anna said...

I hope she didn't repel any would-be friends with that onion breath.

So, just to admit how slow I am, I just "got" your blog name acronym. How clever. It does make it tough to add a "Q" name:)