Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Kid Updates


Found this half finished blog post from 2014 in the drafts folder and thought I'd post it.  Good memories:)

Alice is crafting away, as usual.  She's made quite a few purses and a scrunchie with the sewing machine she got for Christmas and also made me this fabric valentine holder last night (when she was supposed to be sleeping).  It's hard to see in this picture, but she also spelled out MOM in a zig zag stitch.  She's more interested in free styling than in following a pattern, so I just let her go for it.  The other picture is of her valentine holder for school, which is a love bug.


Here is Gilbert after he finished off the chocolate chip pancake with berry sauce that Quincy wouldn't eat for Valentine's Day breakfast.  And there he is doing the puzzle that Quincy got for Valentine's Day but that he didn't want.



We are constantly wondering where this child came from.  All of the other kids were late or average walkers and rarely got into kitchen cabinets and never climbed up on the table.  This dude will push stools or chairs wherever he wants to go exploring.  If I set him down at the store (after he's wiggled his way out of the safety restraint and is trying to climb out of the cart), he'll take off running at full speed.  Thankfully, he hasn't figured out how to climb out of his crib, which I hear from others is a nightmare.




Quincy is starting to show interest in learning his letters and numbers and is constantly talking, usually saying the same things over and over again.  He also loves to copy the GPS.  Here's an average conversation in the car:

GPS:  Turn right on Chinden Blvd.
Quincy:  Turn onto the Chinese granola bar, Mommy.
GPS:  Turn left on Cole Road.
Quincy:  Turn on the cold road, Mommy.  See the snow, it's very cold on the road.

A little later on....

Quincy:  It's yellow mommy, that means you need to slow down.  It's red--STOP, MOMMY, STOP!  Crash into that truck, Mommy, crash right into it!

A little later on....

Quincy:  If I see a goat, Mommy, I'm going to shoot the goat.
Me:  You mean, a deer?  Or do you mean a goat?
Quincy:  Oh yeah, a deer.  I'm going to shoot a deer if I see one.




No comments: